Jefferson County’s strength is a product of its central location versus national markets and the nation’s transportation system. Almost on-third of the nation’s top fifty metropolitan areas are within 500 miles of Jefferson County
Jefferson County is located in the heart of Southern Illinois at the junction of Interstates 57 and 64, now with two exits, and is one hour east of St. Louis, MO and one hour west of Evansville, IN. It is ninety minutes north of Paducah, KY and two hours south of Champaign, IL.
- Interstate 57 - Local - North/South
- Interstate 64 - Local - East/West
- Interstate 70 - 65 miles North via I-57 - East/West
- Interstate 24 - 51 miles South via I-57 - North/South
- State Route 37 - Local - North/South
- State Route 15 - Local - East/West
- State Route 148 - Local - North/South
- State Route 142 - Local - Northwest/Southwest
Mt. Vernon sits at the unique junction of three Class 1 Railroads, the UP, CSX and NS. This gives companies to opportunity to move their materials and goods east and west from one location.